Dear Parents and Caregivers, this afternoon a small number of classes reported a ‘smell of gas’ in their rooms. Teachers immediately evacuated students from their classrooms and reported this to the front office. Leadership and support staff investigated and checked the classrooms and found within a short space of time ‘ the gas smell’ seemed to have quickly dissipated. Classroom windows were opened to allow fresh air into the rooms. Students returned to their classrooms after a short period of time. As a precaution, The Australian Gas Networks first response line was called, with a technician quickly onsite, who undertook a series of tests with no gas leaks detected. The technician advised that the smell had likely blown in from the local area. If your child felt concerned, please reassure them that they were in no danger.
Paul Luke – Principal