SA Health has provided updated advice to us about Novel Coronavirus, which is occurring in the Hubei Province of China and has also been reported in other parts of mainland China, and several other countries, including Australia.
The updated advice is that:
- Students/children and staff who have traveled to Hubei Province in the last 14 days should not attend school and isolate themselves in their homes for 14 days after leaving Hubei Province.
- Students/children and staff who have traveled to mainland China, not including Hubei Province, are able to return to school unless they are contacts of a confirmed case, or they have symptoms consistent with the virus.
- All students and staff who have traveled to mainland China should monitor themselves for the 14 days from their departure from mainland China for symptoms of Coronavirus.
Symptoms may include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, and sore throat. People who have travelled to China and have these symptoms should see a doctor or attend a hospital and call ahead so they can prepare.
The latest advice is available on the Australian Government Department of Health website:
This advice also says people should take general measures to protect against infections including:
- washing hands
- covering mouths while coughing or sneezing
- avoiding contact with wild or farm animals.
We will keep you updated if there is further specific information you need to know.
Paul Luke – Principal
Please find below a Mandarin translation of the latest parent letter.
最新的建议请访问澳大利亚政府卫生部网站:www.health.gov.au/ Health -topics/ nove-coronavirs-2019 -ncov