In spending time in classrooms over the last two weeks, it has been pleasing to see positive relationships being established among students and teachers. Building quality relationships between school and home, especially at the start of a school is also important to develop, for both teachers and parents alike. Acquaintance Evening serves as an opportunity for school / home connections to form and with this in mind, we look forward to seeing families on Tuesday 18th February for our annual Acquaintance Evening. Please check in with the details here.
Kidz Biz – Family / Parent Evening – Growth and Development
- Reminder – we are hosting a Growth & Development Family Evening for families this Tuesday evening 11th February.
- The two sessions conducted by Kidz Biz Education are designed to be fun, informative and easy to understand.
- Please check the recent post for details and to register attendance or feel free to turn up on the night.
iPad Parent Induction Sessions
- Get in quick to book a table for our school’s quiz night on Saturday 29th February – Olympic theme.
- Thank you to our fundraising team who have been busily preparing for the evening.
- Donations for prizes will be gratefully accepted. Please contact Sam Slattery via the front office if you can assist with donations in any way.
- Details here.
Hall Flooring Upgrade Project
- We are pleased to share good news that we have received significant funding to upgrade our school hall as part of the department’s accelerated maintenance projects for 2020.
- This has come about as a result of working closely with our facilities manager and asset services team over a period of time.
- The project will be delivered through our facilities management services, with works anticipated for completion by the end of 2020, though we are unsure when the project will commence.
- The project is likely to impact the use of the hall for school and OSHC use.
- Performing Arts teacher Liz Eland has been seconded for 12 months to the department’s music project team in a curriculum writing role. We wish Liz all the best for this exciting role where she can share her extensive knowledge and skills in Music.
- For 2020, students will receive specialist lessons in The Arts in both Music / Media and Visual Arts.
- We welcome Jimmy Marin to the specialist music teacher position. Jimmy will work with us on Mondays and Fridays (Jimmy also works three days each week at another southern areas school)
- Nardene Manna takes on the role of Visual Arts teacher and will draw upon her skills as a graphic designer working with children on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Staff Car Park and Local Traffic
- A friendly reminder that the staff car park is for staff only and for families displaying a ‘disability parking permit’.
- Keeping all children safe is our priority, so please do not use the staff car park to drop or collect children, unless pre-arranged with the front office.
- A reminder too, for all families and friends to exercise caution and patience at arrival and dismissal times. Traffic and parking regulations are in place and will be acted upon by Rangers from the Onkaparinga Council.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Paul, Rob and Nicky.
The Term Ahead
Please check in with these key dates / events on our 2020 school calendar
- Tuesday 11/2 – Kidz Biz Growth and Development Sessions
- Tuesday 18/2 – Acquaintance Evening
- Monday 24/2 – Annual General Meeting
- Monday 9/3 – Adelaide Cup Public Holiday
- Tuesday 10/3 – Student Free Day (a joint professional development day for all schools within our local partnership)
- Thursday 19/3 – Harmony Day
- Friday 20/3 – Sports Day
- Monday 23/3 to Friday 27/3 – Year 3-5 Swimming
- Monday 23/3 and Tuesday 24/3 – Year 7 Aquatics
- Tuesday 25/3 and Thursday 26/3 – Year 6 Aquatics
- Wednesday 1/4 – School Group Tour
- Thursday 9/4 – End of Term 1
Dates / Times to be confirmed
- Team Assemblies – R/1 and Year 2/3/4 and Year 5/6/7 classes
- Student-led conferences.
- Parents are encouraged to provide their child / children with sunscreen – teachers will remind students to apply as needed.
- As per Bushfire procedures
- All students require at school – a labelled towel and water bottle, to be kept in the class.
- Early Morning Arrival
- Students are allowed to start arriving at school from 8:30am, unless attending OSHC. Students who are on the school grounds before 8.30am will be directed to the front office as teachers are not on duty prior to this time.
- Classrooms are generally open from 8:40am and students may enter the buildings to put away their bags, talk to the teacher and get organised for the day.
- The school siren sounds at 8.50am indicating all students need to be in their classrooms ready to start the school day.